BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 17, 2009

My day

Sorry the for long hiatus in between posts, there really has not been anything exciting to blog about lately.

Well today is April 17th or "my" day as I call it. It is my name and my favorite number together. I hope for good things to happen on this day, but so far nothing. I didn't get called in this morning to substitute (darn it!), but I guess that might be a good thing because I can enjoy some time to myself. We will see what tonight has in store though.

I haven't really been working lately. I wish I was though, I definitely need the money. But it is towards the end of the year which means testing and last minute projects to get finished, so teachers tend to stay at school.

I still need to find something to do over the summer.


I've been working on my house aka the Endless Project! One day it will be finished and look amazing. I'm a pack rat which means that I have a lot of clutter. I've been working on all of that and actually finding a place for everything. If I can't find a place for it, it goes. We are having a yard sale for Relay for Life next Saturday, so the proceeds can go to that. I've already gotten rid of a lot of stuff, so that is good.

My grandpa was a outpatient at Cedar Sinai Hospital so we went to see him last Monday (Jonathan, Alex, and I). It was nice to spend some time with him, I just wished he didn't have to go through all the cancer treatments. But whatever makes him better!

He was home in time for Easter which was amazing! I did something I never have done before, I made a cake! Now, I know I'm 24 and should be able to cook. I am aware of this, but I am still learning how to cook and all that. I also made cupcakes! My husband was thrilled to come home to the smell of something baking and that made me happy.


Photobucket
My cake and cupcakes! They were yummy!

I am teaching a friend's child how to read though. We are starting out with learning the letters first and its really exciting. She is getting it really well. I'm sure she is just a super smart kid, but I like to believe that I am able to teach her.

I love teaching! <3

0 comments: