BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I might have what?

I have had this blemish on and above my lip for awhile now (1 1/2 to 2 years). Honestly, I really didn't pay that much attention to it at first. I thought "its just a dry spot" or "its a blemish and it will go away soon". But it never did. I couple of times it turned into a pimple and I thought "Oh Finally! It's going to heal!"

But again, it didn't.

Photobucket

It has just gotten worse lately and, frankly, I started to get worried. It's not just that it is UGLY, but maybe it was something serious and stupid me had waited forever to do something about it. I made an appointment with my doctor who wasn't sure what it was. She suggested that I go see a dermatologist.

I went to my appointment on Wednesday to see the dermatologist. I thought they were going to look at it, tell me what it was (hopefully nothing serious) and then we would move on. Is anything ever that easy? Ah! She took a look at it and couldn't tell me what it was or what it might even be, besides skin cancer that is. She asked how old I was, if I wore sunscreen (YES! I'm super white and if I don't wear it, I burn!), and if I smoke (ew! No!) She even took a picture of it. Is that a good sign? I doubt it.

I'll spare you the gruesome details, but basically I had a shave biopsy and they took a chunk of it out to test it for cancer. Then they put a stitch to close it up. I go back tomorrow to get it taken out and hopefully find out the results of the test.

Now, I am no stranger to cancer. My dad had skin cancer from working out in the sun for years with NO sunscreen (shame, shame, shame!), my cousin had cancer, my grandpa has cancer, and we know other people with cancer.

My form of cancer would (I don't know if it is yet) not be as nearly close to serious as my cousin and grandpa, but its still really scary! They would probably have to cut all of it out! OMG! I have issues about my appearance already! I don't even want to imagine what I would look like after they take out a large area of my face.

Needless to say that I'm really worried. I hope its nothing and it already feels better about blogging about it, but I'm scared.

0 comments: