BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Reflecting on 2008

2008 was a good year, but now that it is over it is time to reflect on it.


In 2008,

~ I was married to my high school sweetheart of nine years. Finally! Yes I know! Everybody says that, but we had a plan and we stuck to it.

~ I finally got real teaching experience that will help with my career.

~ I got back in touch with some friends that I had lost touch with and I lost a friend of many years.

~ Bought my first pet(s), Chinchillas! They are truly a joy and have such interesting personalities! They are interesting to watch.


Here is a month by month reflection of 2008!

January

I was determined to get into shape, to get organized, and prepare my life for my wedding. (I didn't work out the way I hoped). I started my full day student teaching and the last quarter until I finished my credentialing classes. I was stoked! I was put into a second grade classroom at my very own elementary school. It was hard at first, but I got through it. I was crushed when my supervisor told me that my classroom management needed work. (What did he know anyway?) But I was determined to improve myself.

February

I took over the class while the master teacher went on maternity leave. I was nervous. Me? Teaching a class my MYSELF? (Crap! How am I going to do this???). But I knew the kids, the rules, and how the class was run so I went into it with a tiny bit of confidence.

March

I celebrated my 9 year anniversary with Jonathan! Wow! I truly believe it is amazing that I have been with him for so long. It hasn't always been easy, but we've made it! I also finished my long term subbing job and I absolutely loved it. The job came with a load of stress and responsibility, but it was completely worth it for the experience. I really hope to do it again very soon.

April, May, and June

I decided not to substitute and just concentrated on my wedding plans. I have to say, planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things anybody could ever go through. In between dress fittings, meetings with the photographer, meetings with the DJ, and the many trips to Cambria to meet with the baker, venue, and florist it was very busy for me. Besides, I was trying to get my butt into shape for the big day, but stress got the better of me and I wasn't able to look how I wanted to. (Oh well).

July

The beginning of this month was a blur up until the wedding. I was consumed with last minute details and making sure that everything was in order. I thought I was extremely well organized since I had mad a step by step guide for the people setting up the wedding, a checklist for everything I needed to take, and even one for Jonathan so he wouldn't forget. July 19 got closer and closer. We were blessed to have Jonathan's brother and his family come almost a week early to spend time with us before. I finally got to meet little Olivia and it was truly wonderful to have them there with us, even though I barely spent any time with them since I had errands to run. Jonathan's father came a few days before the wedding and it was quite the full house!
Our wedding was completely amazing and everything I could have hoped for. Everybody who cared about us was there and it was truly a beautiful wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day (minus the sunburn that lasted the entire honeymoon). I am truly thankful for everybody who helped with the wedding and everybody that joined us on our special day.
The honeymoon was amazing as well. The cruise was a perfect vacation for us. We got to relax (and trust me, the boat made relaxing extremely easy with the gentle rocking back and forth). We met some awesome people too (I wish I would have gotten their contact information!). Visiting Mexico wasn't my number one place to visit, however, it really made me appreciate what I have.

August, September, and October

During these months I went to a wedding of two close friends, celebrated turning twenty-four, had an awesome Halloween party, and started this blog! (All of which you can read in previous entries.)

November and December

These months of celebration and family time were just what I needed. My family has gone through some tough things this year with cancer affecting two members of my family. It was the perfect time to celebrate the fact that they are currently cancer-free.



I am truly grateful for everything that I have in my life.
I gained, lost, and loved in 2008. It was a good year and I hope that next year will be even better than last year!

0 comments: