BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book worm

Photobucket

I have always loved reading. There is something so amazing to me about being lost in the pages of a book. I love the feeling of instantly being transformed from your world to an imaginary world in just a few seconds. I actually love collecting them too and it's an issue (Just ask my husband). I love having my bookshelves filled with books!

My mom claims that I would memorize the books she read to me and then read them over and over again to myself. She said people thought I could read when I was three. I know, I'm awesome.

I had forgotten how much I loved to read. It was harder to find the time to read as I got older with school, swimming, and relationships. And then it got harder because I went into college and was constantly reading textbooks which left little time to pick up a novel and read for pleasure. Then came Harry Potter and my love for books "restarted" haha.

What I love most is that my whole family has a love for reading. I find that funny because I know a lot of kids and adults who HATE reading and would rather just watch movies. My brother, sister, and I all love reading! I finally realized this when we took a trip last weekend to LA and all three of us were reading a book. It must be how we were brought up or maybe its just coincidence. I'm not sure, but I do know that my mom did something right or completely lucked out! haha

Either way, thanks Mom!

0 comments: