BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Clean house


Photobucket


I have recently discovered a show called "Clean House" on the Style channel. Niecy Nash and her team of experts come in to the house, help the owners get rid of their clutter, sell it all in a yard sale, and then use the money to redo three rooms in their house into beautiful spaces.
Photobucket

I might not have a serious clutter problem like the people on the show with clutter reaching to the ceiling, but I do have my share of clutter. I hold onto things and its hard for me to get rid of it. I guess I am what people call a "pack rat". This show helped me to recognize my problem and work on getting rid of the excess in my life. The worst rooms in my house is the bedroom, my office, and the garage. (Cringe!) My husband also likes to collect things, so that just makes it worse. But I would say that the problem is 70% me, 30% him.

The first step is admitting your problem right?
I think my problem is buying stuff on an impulse or because it is on sale and I just think its too good of a deal to pass up! That includes going to yard sales. This leads to too much in the house because I don't get rid of what I have. Plus it just gets worse because I don't want to have to deal with picking it up and organizing it.

Part shopping addiction+part laziness= messy house


But I'm determined to change all of that. I'm completely inspired by watching this show.

Although it is a big problem, the past few days I have been going through stuff in my house and getting rid of a lot of it. If I don't have a place for it or haven't used it in awhile, its gone. Things I have held on to for years or surprisingly easy to let go. I will definitely post pictures when I am all finished. My goal is to have it completely done (EVERY room in this messy house) by the end of the summer at the LATEST! That means completely organized and clean! Not just the floor picked up and what you can see be nice and clean.

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!! You will be AMAZED at how much less stress you have just by having an organized house!! You don't realize it until you have it all organized, but your space has a MAJOR affect on your life.

I LOVE clean house!! I love seeing how they make over the rooms! They are always so beautiful! I want them to come do Alan's garage!!! now THATS a scary site!!!