BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mia and the Relay

I know, I know...its been a long time. I haven't died I swear.

Life is good and VERY busy! I've been subbing quite a bit (thank gosh!). I have had subbing jobs all week. YES! I really need the $$ and I won't be working during the summer. School is over next week and I'm excited to have time off, even though I will be broke.

I booked our one year wedding anniversary trip! It was actually originally going to be Jonathan's gift. The first year is paper and I was going to get him a ticket (the paper) to Catalina Island to go snorkeling. The boy loves fish, what can I say. I knew he would love it. But he ruined it. We were driving last weekend and he said, "We should go to Catalina for our anniversary. I think it would be really fun!" I couldn't help but smile a HUGE smile because I knew he would love this gift. He got really curious about why I was smiling so big and wouldn't drop it, so I cracked. Its a good thing I did though because by the time I went to go book the room they were almost booked up! All the search engines I could find were out of all the nice rooms and I ended up having to call begging for a room. But I got one! King bed with an ocean view...sweet! Of course it came at a few pretty pennies. THEN I went to go book the ferry to get out there and THEY were all booked! I couldn't believe it! But I found one and they have already charged our credit card so we are definitely going! haha

We named our adorable little kitten. Her name is Mia (I won) and she has brought so much to our family. She is such a little cuddle bug! In fact, right now she is curled up on my chest, her favorite spot. haha She runs to the door when I come home and cries when I lock her out of a room. She attacks our feed, wakes me up at 6:30 every morning, and gets into everything. Just like a kid! haha


Photobucket
Sneaking up on the plane, but it scared her haha


Photobucket
Attacking Daddy



We also had relay for life a few weeks ago. It went really well and our team raised a LOT of money for a cure for cancer! Oh and my Grandpa is finally home from his stem cell transplant and happy to be home.


Photobucket
You can't see it, but the survivors are releasing butterflies


Photobucket
One of the butterflies released


Photobucket
Kim on the firetruck


Photobucket
Jonathan and his mom walking the survivors lap. We clapped for the survivors for over 15 minutes as they walked by. It was an incredible feeling.


Photobucket
Erin and Sarah came by!



0 comments: