BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Calamity April

So, my husband's newest hobby is shooting. Me, being the supportive wife, has joined in and has gone shooting.

I have NEVER shot a gun in my life and never had any intention of it whatsoever. But I know I need to learn how to defend myself if I need to. So I went along and wasn't nervous until I got there and had to hold the gun for the first time on May 17th. Can you say "Eeek"?


Photobucket

First time holding a gun. I may look happy, but I'm shaking.


I had a fun time shooting with my brother and husband in the 105 degree heat. (Ew!) I only shot 5 bullets and decided that was enough. But my husband and brother are really good at it, so I just watched them and stayed in the shade as much as possible.


Photobucket
Alex was actually very good shooting the disks. I guess all those years of video games like "Duck Hunt" finally paid off haha


Photobucket
Pull!


Photobucket
Hubby and bro


Photobucket
Staying "cool" in the shade. As much as possible at least


Photobucket
I got creative =)




I went shooting again with our friends Joey and Brynna last Saturday (the 23rd). I wasn't AS nervous this time and it wasn't so hot so that was good.

I shot three guns this time. I shot the first one (in the previous picture) first. It has a little bit of a kick back so it can get a little scary.


Photobucket
The gun was Joey's and was much easier to handle for me. I enjoyed shooting it more.


Photobucket
It didn't even feel like I shot anything. But I used it again when we shot targets.


Photobucket
Brynna shooting (she looks much cooler than me)


Photobucket
The boys think they are cool



The scariest part of the trip wasn't shooting the guns though. (Oh how I wish it was). A killer bee was flying around (that we thought was a massive fly). Joey hit it away first and then it came over by me and I shooed it away. Well, it got mad and started following me around. Jonathan informed me that it was actually a bee and I freaked. I started to run away and it followed me so I just covered my head with shirt and hoped that it would fly away. Well, I actually ended up trapping it in my shirt. OMG! After I was told that it was in my shirt, I quickly pulled it down from over my head. It was in MY HAIR! I had just put my hair in messy bun before then and it hung out there.

Since Jonathan is pretty much deadly allergic to bees, I ordered him to go away. Joey took Jonathan's shirt and crushed it in my bun. Luckily he killed it and it feel to the ground. All of us avoided a sting and we left shortly after with bee guts in my hair.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan loves shooting. I went with him once, got burned by the shell!! Yeah, not so fun haha. I was sooo scared to do it too. I def. wont try one of his shot guns! But he loves it, so he can just go shooting with his guys. Now he is kind of moving on to building a T Bucket. He gets obsessed with his hobbies, and then moves on a few months later. boys!